Sunday, 9 February 2014

Useful Websites

Within the last few weeks in my ICT class we've been creating a number of mini projects and i'm learning about a few websites that do some pretty neat things. I want to share them with you!

www.weebly.com This website allows you to create your own website. It has a very straight forward set up and there's many templates to choose from that you can customise to your liking. I've recently had to set up a classroom website using weebly. You can check it out at www.discoverourclass.weebly.com I am also in the middle of creating an eportfolio using Weebly as well.

www.animoto.com This website makes it extremely easy to put together an animated slide show video. For class I created one on my family's trip to Las Vegas you can check it out at
http://animoto.com/play/qtcaux70l5Fg2vChml2LIg or just scroll down to the bottom of my blog to watch it!

www.pixlr.com and www.ipiccy.com/ are both photo editing sites with more options than you'd know what to do with. It was pretty amazing to play around with them and see what I could do!

www.compfight.com You can find tons of pictures and clip art here and all the necessary info you'd need for editing and photo credit. I used this site for a few of the pictures on my classroom website.

www.prezi.com A cool way to make presentations that is different from the traditional slides. I recommend checking it out!

www.wordle.net is a site to make unique word clouds. If you go to my classroom website the word cloud on the homepage is made using wordle.

I found these websites all fairly straight forward and easy to use. I can definitely see ways of incorporating them into the classroom. I really enjoyed creating all these projects and the ease of them makes its fun to do! I recommend trying some of them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment